Asking the Time (2) / Conversations

learn conversation



 Asking the Time (2) / Conversations


Conversation A
S1. What time is it now?
S2. I don’t have my watch on right now.
S1. Is there a clock around here?
S2. There’s one in the next room.
Conversation B
S1. Do you have the right time?
S2. I was just going to ask you the same question.
S1. My watch has stopped.
S2. I forgot to wear mine.
Conversation C
S1. Do you have any idea of the time?
S2. I don’t know exactly, but it’s after nine.
S1. It was nine o’clock when I got here.
S2. Well, I’m sorry I can’t help you.
Conversation D
S1. At what time is the meeting?
S2. Eight o’clock.
S1. Be there at eight o’clock sharp, then.
S2. I’ll try to get there before eight.
Conversation E
S1. How often does this station give the news?
S2. Every hour on the hour.
S1. When do they announce the weather?
S2. Ten minutes to and ten minutes after the hour.

UVms

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard.

0 comments: